National Board Candidate Support Program
REGISTRATION FOR ALL SEA NBCT SUPPORT CLOSES 10/19/2022.
Register for the SEA National Board Cohort Support here.
- Guide to National Board Certification (with important dates and deadlines) http://boardcertifiedteachers.org/sites/default/files/Guide_to_NB_Certification.pdf
- National Boards registration and important information - You need to register and pay the NB assessment fees to become a National Board Candidate (this is a separate fee from the SEA NB Candidate Support program).
- OSPI certification questions - For teachers whose certificates are due to expire, this is a look at how the NBCT process fits with renewal.
- OSPI Financial Assistance -- For teachers seeking financial assistance with the fees for National Board.
- FAQ link from State of Washington Professional Educator Standards Board regarding the changes to the Certification process in 2017.
WEA: Jump Start & Homestretch
- Jump Start: WEA’s excellent preparation event for the NBCT process. Jump Start participants get the Foundations course required for the conditional loan process as well as great tips for managing resources and materials throughout the process.
- Homestretch: Support for National Board candidates right when they need it the most - just as they are getting ready to make final revisions to components. Each year, hundreds of WEA member NBCTs serve as facilitators at Home Stretch, a one-day seminar consisting of two parts.
WEA: Maintenance of Certification
SEA is currently not offering Maintenance of Certificate (MOC) Support Courses. However, MOC candidates can register for WEA sponsored MOC courses offered on the following dates:
- Module 1: Thursday October 13 (4:00-7:30 pm) or Saturday October 15 (9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
- Module 2: Thursday October 27 (4:00 - 7:30 pm or Saturday October 29 (9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
- MOC Feedback and Support: Saturday March 25, 2023 (9:00 am - 12:30 pm) Where you share a draft of your work.
To register for these courses, visit WEA's events site.