Take action for public education
Make Sure Lawmakers in Olympia Hear Educator Voices
Here's how you can stay up to speed with legislative and political news that affects students, educators and public schools – and take action with other union members and supporters.
- Help show legislators why our priorities are important. Share your experiences:
Teachers, share why ESPs are critical to your work. Educational Support Professionals include classified staff like paraeducators, office professionals, nutrition services, transportation, building services, and more.
All members, including Higher Education and Retired, share why we need respectful pay that rewards our important work.
- Text ADVOCACY to 833-258-6815 to get regular legislative and election updates by text message
- Visit WashingtonEA.org/Advocacy and subscribe to the advocacy blog
- Call your legislator's office. Need your legislator's contact information? Find it here!
- Call the Legislative Hotline at 800-562-6000 and leave a message for your lawmakers.
For candidates seeking endorsement, the endorsement process is managed locally by our Council WEA-PAC leaders. If you're interested in connecting with the leaders at SEA for endorsement interviews, contact our SEA CRSJ Director.