Join in Black Lives Matter at School Week, February 4th-9th, 2019
Join SEA members and educators around the U.S. in engaging with critical issues of racial justice as we kick off Black History Month with Black Lives Matter at School Week, February 4th through 9th, 2019.
Here are some of the many ways you can participate and join in solidarity with educators nationwide:
- Supplement planned lessons with resources, materials, or concepts that connect with the themes or the movement (resources available on the SEA Center for Racial Equity Black Lives Matter page as well as at the blacklivesmatteratschool.com website)
- Engage in conversations with colleagues about the ways that students know that black lives matter.
- Self-study topics that increase your understanding and awareness of the BLM movement and of critical race theory.
- Purchase a BLM t-shirt and wear it on Monday and Friday of BLM week
- Rally at the Seattle Public Schools’ Board meeting on Wednesday, February 6th to advocate for hiring more Black teachers
- Become a supporting member of the SEA Center for Racial Equity by signing up for monthly contributions.
- SEA has a limited supply of Black Lives Matter at School tee shirts for $15 – email SEA@washingtonea.org to order.
For more ideas and information, see the SEA Center for Racial Equity.