National Board Certification
- SEA National Board Cohort Support Information
- Register for SEA NB Cohort Support Now! http://tinyurl.com/2017NBRegistration
NEW FAQ link from State of Washington Professional Educator Standards Board regarding the changes to the Certification process triggered by WA House Bill 1341, passed in September 2017.
- National Boards: registration and important information http://www.boardcertifiedteachers.org/ -- Information/registration for the National Board assessment process. You need to register and pay the NB assessment fees to become a National Board Candidate (this is a separate fee from the SEA NB Candidate Support program).
- OSPI: Certification questions http://www.k12.wa.us/certification/default.aspx - For teachers whose certificates are due to expire, this is a look at how the NBCT process fits with renewal. There is a link to communicate questions to OSPI.
- OSPI Financial Assistance http://www.k12.wa.us/Certification/nbpts/Candidacy/Loans.aspx -- For teachers seeking financial assistance with the fees for National Board.
- WEA: Jump Start & Homestretch
- Jump Start: https://www.washingtonea.org/pd/my-certification/jump-start-information/ This is where you register for Jump Start, WEA’s excellent preparation event for the NBCT process. Jump Start participants get the Foundations course required for the conditional loan process as well as great tips for managing resources and materials throughout the process.
- Homestretch: What is Home Stretch? Home Stretch is support for National Board candidates right when they need it the most - just as they are getting ready to make final revisions to components. Home Stretch was first developed by Washington state NBCTs in 2006. Each year, hundreds of WEA member NBCTs serve as facilitators at Home Stretch. WEA’s National Board Home Stretch is a one-day seminar consisting of two parts. https://www.washingtonea.org/pd/my-certification/home-stretch-information/
- Guide to National Board Certification (with important dates and deadlines) http://boardcertifiedteachers.org/sites/default/files/Guide_to_NB_Certification.pdf